Recipe serves: 4
|Prep Time:||10 min|
|Cook Time:||20 min|
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. garlic
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 package Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Spanish Rice
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin (optional)
- 1 cup red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Cook ground beef, onion and garlic in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until browned; drain. Stir in tomatoes, water, Knorr ®/Lipton ® Fiesta Sides ™ - Spanish Rice, chili powder and cumin and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in beans and heat through. Top, if desired, with shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled corn muffins.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Microwave ground beef, onion and garlic in 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe casserole, uncovered, at HIGH 5 minutes or until ground beef is almost done, stirring once; drain. Stir in tomatoes, water, Knorr ®/Lipton ® Fiesta Sides ™ - Spanish Rice, chili powder and cumin. Microwave 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in beans. Top as above. Let stand covered 5 minutes.