Makes 16 muffins
|Prep Time:||15 min|
|Cook Time:||22 min|
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Nutrition information per serving|
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||32 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||6 %|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
Apple-Cinnamon Muffins with Streusel Topping
- 3/4 cup ground walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup Promise® Buttery Spread, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup reduced fat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Granny Smith apple
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray 16 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine walnuts, brown sugar and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In medium bowl, with wire whisk, beat Promise® Buttery Spread with egg. Whisk in granulated sugar, then buttermilk and vanilla until smooth. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. Gently stir in apple. Evenly spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, then evenly sprinkle with walnut streusel, pressing gently.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. On wire rack, cool 5 minutes. Remove muffins from cups; cool completely.