Recipe serves: 4
|Prep Time:||10 min|
|Cook Time:||5 min|
- 4 large bananas
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. Imperial® margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. rum [or brandy]
- 4 cups Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Peel bananas, cut them in half lengthwise, then again in half crosswise (4 pieces per banana). Sprinkle with lemon juice. Melt margarine over medium-high heat, cook brown sugar until bubbling, about 1 minute. Add bananas and cook 3 minutes or until almost tender, turning once. Remove from heat.
- Pour rum over bananas. Using a barbecue lighter for safety, touch the flame to the bananas just until the liquor ignites. Let burn, about 1 minute. Spoon warm bananas and sauce over Breyers® Creamery Style™ Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
- You’re never too old (or too young) to appreciate the thrill of a good flaming dessert. And don’t worry about the alcohol – it burns off completely when the dessert is flamed