Recipe serves: 6
|Prep Time:||10 min|
|Cook Time:||25 min|
Cheddar Broccoli Soup
An easy way to make this restaurant favorite at home.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large carrot, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed (optional)
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) low sodium chicken broth [or vegetable broth]
- 1 jar (1 lb.) Ragu® Cheesy Double Cheddar Sauce
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat and cook celery, carrot, onion and thyme until vegetables are almost tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in 1 cup water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Process vegetable mixture and broccoli in food processor or blender until smooth; return to saucepan.
- Stir in remaining water, broth and Pasta Sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 10 minutes.