Recipe serves: 10
|Prep Time:||25 min|
|Cook Time:||960 min|
Really Slow-Cooked Kalua Pig
- 6 lbs. pork butt [or shoulder]
- 3 Knorr® Vegetarian Vegetable or Chicken Bouillon Cubescrumbled
- 4 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1 bag (10 oz.) fresh spinach leavesrinsed and patted dry
- Hot cooked rice
- Pierce pork on all sides with fork; arrange in 6-quart slow cooker.
- Microwave Knorr® Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon Cubes with liquid smoke in microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 15 seconds; stir until smooth. Rub pork on all sides with bouillon mixture. Cook covered on LOW 15 hours or HIGH 8 hours or until pork is falling off the bone. Remove pork from slow cooker. Stir in spinach and cover. Shred pork with fork (discard bone and fat) and return to slow cooker. Cook covered on LOW an additional 1 hour or HIGH 30 minutes.
- Serve with hot rice.